SO WHAT WILL ABS DO FOR ME?
- Enhance your awareness of abdominal activation to improve the appearance of the abdominal area
- Increase your core strength
- Help alleviate and prevent back pain
- Flatten and shape the abdominals
- Develop the "six-pack" muscles
- Strengthen the muscles responsible for supporting the lower back
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Just yourself! You should wear comfortable workout clothes and trainers. We provide all equipment needed.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE CLASSES?
Please see the timetable for class times.
HOW MUCH ARE THE CLASSES?
This class is FREE.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I ATTEND?
You’ll feel real benefits from coming to a class just once each week but combining abdominal work with other forms of exercise makes for a really great workout. Consider attending some cardio classes too (e.g. Body Attack, Zumba, Body Combat), plus some strength and conditioning work such as Bums & Tums or Body Pump. Adding flexibility work such as Pilates will result in a fabulous, integrated workout.
WHEN WILL I NOTICE RESULTS?
Once you’ve started Abs classes your nerves will soon get better at telling your muscles what to do. Your muscles, with their tendons and insertions, adapt more slowly. But you’ll notice strength gains quite quickly. After about six weeks you should feel great! As your strength improves you’ll start to see fat loss and improved muscle tone.
ABS... WHAT'S THAT?
Abs is a quick blast on the abdominal area and should be used as a compliment to other classes. We aim to shape, strengthen and tone the abdominal area, so roughly from the pubic bone to the breast bone gets worked. We also focus on the muscles directly to the side of the abdominals, called the ‘obliques’, as well as aiming to trim the waist.
HOW DO I DO ABS SAFELY?
Your teacher is there to make sure you do everything correctly, but try to remember:
- Good posture is the foundation of all exercise.
- Focus on learning the right technique at the beginning.
- Work continuously at perfecting your technique.
- Perform the movements with control – smooth actions, not jerky.
- Always keep your joints slightly bent, don’t lock out your arms or legs.
- Listen to your body, it will tell you if something is not right.
- Ten Minute Tummy Toner should feel challenging, but at any time you need to take a rest, that’s fine!