BUMS & TUMS
BUMS & TUMS… WHAT’S THAT?
This class is perfect for a new comer or someone who has lost their confidence with exercise. Its is very basic choreography and exercises to target specific areas.
Bums & Tums blends body-sculpting techniques into one calorie-burning, strength-training class which will shape; define and tone the hips; thighs; buttocks and tummy.
SO DESCRIBE A TYPICAL CLASS
Bums & Tums is designed around 40 - 45-minute class. After warming up we incorporate a number of set toning routines to sculpt and shape. Bums & Tums will also work your core muscles around the waist and tummy. the class finishes with a cool down and stretch.
SO WHAT WILL BUMS & TUMS DO FOR ME?
1. Burn lots of calories for a leaner, more toned body
2. Raise your overall fitness and stamina
3. Improve your coordination and agility
4. Increase your heart and lung capacity through a full-body cardio workout
5. Promote fat loss whilst aiding muscle growth
6. Provide a stimulating, fun, dance based workout
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
• Comfortable workout clothes
• A really good pair of trainers for foot stability
• Drink bottle and towel
• Energy! We supply everything else.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE CLASSES?
Please check our timetable for class times.
HOW MUCH ARE THE CLASSES?
Classes are priced - £4.00. Check out our special offers and discounts though for some great savings on classes.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I ATTEND?
We would recommend attending Bums & Tums alongside two other strength and conditioning workouts such as Pilates, Zumba Toning, or Body Pump , plus some cardio work (e.g. Running, Cycling, Swimming, etc or any of the following classes: Body Combat,Body Attack, Zumba). Flexibility work would also be a great compliment to your programme, which Pilates is great for.
WHEN WILL I NOTICE RESULTS?
Once you’ve started Bums & Tums you should see improvements within about six weeks. As you progress you should also experience fat loss and improved muscle tone, especially when combined with a calorie controlled diet.
HOW DO I DO BUMS & TUMS SAFELY?
Your fully qualified instructor is there to make sure you do everything correctly, but try to remember:
• Good posture is the foundation of all exercise.
• Focus on learning the right technique at the beginning.
• Work continuously at perfecting your technique.
• Perform the movements with control – smooth actions, not jerky.
• Always keep your joints slightly bent, don’t lock out your arms or legs.
• Listen to your body, it will tell you if something is not right.
• Bums & Tums should feel challenging, but at any time you need to take a rest, that’s fine!
Bums & Tums is for everyone. So don’t be shy, come along and join the party! Some muscle pain is natural at first, especially if it’s the same on both sides of your body. This is muscle soreness. Muscle soreness is typical when starting out on a training programme and normally occurs 24 to 48 hours after exercise. If you have pain down only one side or in the joints, check with the instructor. If the pain continues, see your doctor.