SO WHAT WILL COMBAT DO FOR ME?
The first thing I need to tell you is Combat is for everyone. This class is very popular as you are so focused on punching with meaning that you don't actually realise how hard you're working. Combat can be taken at your own pace so a beginner and an advanced participant can work alongside each other, yet BOTH get a workout to suit their individual level.
COMBAT is a fiercely energetic cardiovascular workout that:
- Improves heart and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Tones and shapes key muscle groups
- Burns calories for a leaner body
- Improves coordination and agility
- Improves bone density
- Improves posture and core strength and stability
- Builds self-confidence
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Comfortable workout clothes
- A good pair of trainers NO BLACK SOLES
- Drink bottle and towel
We supply everything else.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE CLASSES?
Please view the current timetable for classes.
HOW MUCH ARE THE CLASSES?
Classes are £4.50 per session. Check out our Special Offers and discounts though for some great savings on classes.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I ATTEND?
We would recommend attending Combat alongside two other cardio classes, (e.g. Mash up, Zumba), plus some strength and conditioning work such as Pilates or Pump. Flexibility work would also be a great compliment to your programme, which Pilates is great for.
WHEN WILL I NOTICE RESULTS?
Once you've started Combat you should see improvements in your level of fitness within about six weeks. As you progress you should also experience fat loss and improved muscle tone, especially when combined with a calorie controlled diet.
COMBAT... WHAT'S THAT?
COMBAT, is a non-contact, martial arts-based fitness programme with moves drawn from karate, tae kwan do, kung fu, kickboxing, Muay Thai and t'ai chi. Each COMBAT class is choreographed to the latest music, providing an exhilarating exercise experience that delivers ultra-fast fitness results. A new COMBAT class is produced every three months with new music and choreography.
HOW DO I DO COMBAT SAFELY?
Your teacher is there to make sure you do everything correctly, but try to remember:
- Good posture is the foundation of all exercise.
- Focus on learning the right technique at the beginning.
- Work continuously at perfecting your technique.
- Perform the movements with control - smooth actions, not jerky.
- Always keep your joints slightly bent, don't lock out your arms or legs.
- Listen to your body, it will tell you if something is not right.
- Combat should feel challenging, but at any time you need to take a rest, that's fine!
COMBAT is for everyone with moderate fitness levels. Because the moves are simple you don't need to be especially well coordinated. Some muscle pain is natural at first, especially if it's the same on both sides of your body. This is muscle soreness. Muscle soreness is typical when starting out on a training programme and normally occurs 24 to 48 hours after exercise. If you have pain down only one side or in the joints, check with the teacher. If the pain continues, see your doctor.
"I absolutely adore Combat! It's a great stress reliever and fat burner. Even though sometimes when I finish work I feel like going home to sit on the sofa and eat chocolate biscuits, I always push myself to go to Combat as I feel so good once I have done the class. And, as I have worked so hard in the class I never eat naughty food afterwards. I am much more tempted to have a healthy salad as I don't want all the work I have done to go to waste. I think this is a key factor in helping me to maintain my ideal weight."
Lisa. Aged 44, Redcar.