ZUMBA TONING… WHAT’S THAT?
Zumba Toning blends body-sculpting techniques and specific Zumba moves into one calorie-burning, strength-training class. Weighted, maraca-like Zumba Toning Sticks are used to enhance rhythm and build strength.
SO DESCRIBE A TYPICAL CLASS
The great thing about Zumba Toning is that you don’t even feel you’re your exercising because you’re having so much fun. Following a warm up, ZUMBA Toning is designed around a 40 - 45-minute class incorporating a number of set toning routines to sculpt and shape every inch of your body! Zumba Toning will also work your core muscles around the waist and tummy. At the end of the class cool down and stretch the muscles you ahve worked. Like Zumba, Zumba Toning is great if you are hoping to lose weight because, depending upon how much and how hard you shake your booty, Zumba Toning can also burn up to 1000 calories per hour!
SO WHAT WILL ZUMBA TONING DO FOR ME?
1. Burn lots of calories for a leaner, more toned body
2. Raise your overall fitness and stamina
3. Improve your coordination and agility
4. Increase your heart and lung capacity through a full-body cardio workout
5. Promote fat loss whilst aiding muscle growth
6. Provide a stimulating, fun, dance based workout
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
• Comfortable workout clothes
• A really good pair of trainers for foot stability
• Drink bottle and towel
• Energy! We supply everything else.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE CLASSES?
Please click on our timetable for class times.
HOW MUCH ARE THE CLASSES?
This depends upon the venue. All prices are displayed on the timetable page. Check out our special offers and discounts though for some great savings on classes.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I ATTEND?
We would recommend attending Zumba Toning alongside two other strength and conditioning workouts such as Pilates, Bums & Tums or Body Pump , plus some cardio work (e.g. Running, Cycling, Swimming, etc or any of the following classes: Boogie Bounce, Body Combat, Body Attack, Zumba or Strong by Zumba). Flexibility work would also be a great compliment to your programme, which Pilates and Perfect Balance is great for.
WHEN WILL I NOTICE RESULTS?
Once you’ve started Zumba Toning you should see improvements within about six weeks. As you progress you should also experience fat loss and improved muscle tone, especially when combined with a calorie controlled diet.
HOW DO I DO ZUMBA TONING SAFELY?
Your fully qualified Zumba Toning instructor is there to make sure you do everything correctly, but try to remember:
• Good posture is the foundation of all exercise.
• Focus on learning the right technique at the beginning.
• Work continuously at perfecting your technique.
• Perform the movements with control – smooth actions, not jerky.
• Always keep your joints slightly bent, don’t lock out your arms or legs.
• Listen to your body, it will tell you if something is not right.
• Zumba should feel challenging, but at any time you need to take a rest, that’s fine!
ZUMBA Toning is for everyone. So don’t be shy, come along and join the party! Some muscle pain is natural at first, especially if it’s the same on both sides of your body. This is muscle soreness. Muscle soreness is typical when starting out on a training programme and normally occurs 24 to 48 hours after exercise. If you have pain down only one side or in the joints, check with the instructor. If the pain continues, see your doctor.